Monday 11 February 2013

Drawings: OCA Part 2 II: Project - Still Life

 Still Life Group using Line
Fine Liner and wash A3
 
Still Life Group in Tone
Oil Pastel A4
 
What aspects of each drawing have been successful, and what did you have problems with?
I really like the still life group using line, especially the mushroom and onion, these definitely worked well because of their shapes and textures. Unfortunately I feel the melon in the background was less successful, I found the texture was hard to capture correctly.
I can’t say the drawing of the still life group in tone is one that I particularly like but it did at least make me think about the tones more, as a positive I do like the colours I chose.
Did you manage to get a sense of depth in your drawings? What elements of the drawings and still life groups helped to create that sense?
The first drawing has a bit of depth to it and I think this was helped by the composition and the way that the objects build up as they go further into the drawing. If I’m honest I think the second piece is definitely lacking this.
What difficulties were created by being restricted to line or tone?
I found the main difficulty was that I wanted to be creative but the rules were quite prohibitive; I had to learn not to indulge the urge to be spontaneous. I also think that it is quite hard to accurately describe the objects without a combination of the two elements of line and tone.



No comments:

Post a Comment