Wednesday 18 January 2012

Woodland Watercolour

Watercolour on A4 Cartridge Paper

I found this piece that I created a while ago, last spring if my memory serves me well, and thought it was quite an interesting artwork. I remember consciously trying to be uninhibited with the colour; if I got the feeling of a colour being present in the view I endeavoured to add it without hesitating.
 I personally find it really intriguing how if you really look at something, especially natural landscapes, you begin to see all sorts of colours you would never imagined would be present. It is taken for granted that leaves are green and trees trunks are brown, but they never really are.
Whether I succeeded in my attempts with this I am not entirely sure but nevertheless, as a piece of art, I really quite like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment